Commercial & Residential Cleaning
Eco-friendly Cleaning Services for the Greater Hobart Area
HOUSES, APARTMENTS, FLATS, UNIT CLEANS
When we clean your home you will have more time and energy to enjoy other things.
Office & Retail Spaces
OFFICE SPACES, PROFESSIONAL SUITES, RETAIL STORES, MEDICAL CENTRES, COMMUNITY FACILITIES
Trustworthy, reliable, efficient and professional cleaning done to suit your needs.
End of lease/bond cleans. We use real estate cleaning guidelines and understand what is required.
Moving in/out or Spring Cleans
Clean to prepare for listing/inspections or before you handover to the new owners. A ‘spring clean’ is always a great idea!
Cleaning Hobart ~ Naturally
Helping Hands TAS is a family owned local environmentally friendly cleaning company providing both office and residential cleaning services across the greater Hobart area.
We began cleaning homes in 2013 and various commercial spaces in 2015. This means we have the right experience and approach so you will have your particular needs taken care of and you are not treated as just another cleaning job.
We adopt an environmentally aware approach to all that we do, with our environment and your health in mind. We provide our all of own equipment, eco-friendly products and materials.
As much as possible we use Tasmanian made natural products.
Tanaporn is the team leader with experience in room service/cleaning with an international hotel chain. We clean in teams of two people. which leads to a more consistent and thorough result.
We employ and train our own staff and not engage contractors, which means we can ensure a high quality service, accountability and commitment from those who work for us, which also means pride in a job well done.
We maintain public liability and workers compensation insurance and all cleaners have police checks.
Gary (Tanaporn’s husband) runs the business, arranges the bookings and appraisals, answers emails and phone calls, maintains the accounts and maintains our home office.
OUR RESPONSE TO THE CORONA VIRUS
We are monitoring the situation on a daily basis as regards the situation in Hobart and will let you if there are any necessary changes to your current schedule which might be required.
We have briefed our team and we are all following personal and OH&S protocols required at home and when at work in your premises. We are following current guidelines from the Australian and Tasmanian governments.
No one has been overseas this year or in close contact with anyone who has. There are no symptoms among our small team. There has been no need for any of us to have checks at the moment.
Our approach to cleaning is to maximise the benefits for our health and the environment by using environmentally friendly products. This reduces the toxic load and minimises the impact on our immune system.
- We are washing hands before each clean with waterless hand sanitiser.
- Face masks and disposable gloves (while not currently stipulated) are available if you wish us to use them while in your premises.
- Our vacuum cleaners are fitted with HEPA rated filters to reduce dust and bacterial build up. All waste is contained, taken away and deposited in our bin at our home office site.
- Our cleaning products are effective for the intended tasks and do not contain harsh chemicals.
- We use hot water when mopping and the mop head is changed each time and washed at the end of each day.
- Cloths are colour coded for different sections of the premises, used only once per visit and then washed daily. The cloths are dried in an enclosed dryer, where dust and moisture is disposed of separately.
- We have a steam cleaner to use as required, which is a very effective way to treat surfaces.
- At home Tanaporn and I utilise an air purifier and limit our social activities as appropriate.
Maintaining a clean environment is particularly important at this time and if you or others would like attention to additional areas for cleaning let us know.
What we stand for
Is where we as a community respect our natural world and seek to minimise our impact through the choices we each make.
To contribute to a healthy and clean environment, in our homes and workplaces.
To enhance our quality of life through maintaining clean environments.
Respect, Integrity, Flexibility, Resilience.
How we work
The size and present condition of your home or premises will determine how long it takes to professionally clean. Usage, children, pets, age of the property, internal layout (e.g. stairs, multi-levels, no. of bathrooms), and varying lifestyles/uses all impact on what is needed and time required.
End of Lease Cleans;
End of lease/preparing for sale cleans are best booked 5 – 8 days ahead of time and cleaning commenced when the house or unit is vacant.
Carpet cleaning. We have a preferred carpet cleaner contractor – should you require us to arrange this. The carpets are deodorised, using a unique dry-tech system which means you can walk on the carpets soon after the clean, and you get a certificate of completion.
Office & Retail Spaces:
We take care of your business premises which includes retail stores, studio complex, professional and retail office spaces.
Our commercial cleaning rate is per quote.
Payment options are via bank transfer or a credit/debit card. Most clients set up a regular direct debit.
We don’t offer discounts as we distinguish ourselves by the quality of our work, reliability and trusting relationships with our clients.
We offer a guarantee on all our work and comply with Australian Consumer Law requirements.
Top ten questions to consider in engaging a cleaner:
- Are you expected to provide the equipment and materials to have your place cleaned?
- Are they properly insured to protect you and your property and have current police checks?
- Are they trained to do a good job so you don’t have to worry about whether they know what they are doing?
- Do they use environmentally friendly products to minimise risks?
- Can they deal with problem areas you are concerned about?
- Are they trustworthy, reliable, flexible and efficient?
- Is this a properly registered Australian business or just a hobby leaving you exposed should there ever be a problem?
- Are you able to communicate and provide feedback and have your needs taken care of should things change?
- Can you meet with them first and get an idea of who they are and what approach they will take for your particular circumstances?
- Will the cleaners show initiative and do that little bit extra and deal with things that need attention without you have to remember or ask about each time?
We supply all of our own equipment and materials, with a focus on natural environmentally friendly products and materials.
We have some sustainable cleaning tips on the next page to show you how to save your time, money and our environment. You can use these at home or at work.
“Tanaporn, you have provided a wonderful service to us and we will miss coming home to a beautifully clean house every second Monday! Thank you”!
Alexandra from West Hobart
“Wow! Our house has never been so clean. Tanaporn you are a superstar! Thank u so very much”.
“I cannot recommend Helping Hands highly enough! They are punctual, do the job and are just really lovely people. Thank you for looking after us”.